This blog has won third place in the Malaysian National Educational Blog Competition 2012

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Wang Yi's Re-reflection


Today is the second day of our training. Everything is going well. We got our schedule on Monday, so we just took three relief classes at that day. After observing our teachers' class, we will start ours. What I expect is, students will respect me and listen to me in the classroom, and treat me like their friends after class. After two days observed, I found that class control will not be a problem for me, because they are all girls, so sweet and polite. I think my challenge will be that I'm afraid I don't have enough time to teach them everything, I'm afraid I cannot help them in their final exam. Their levels are all good, what if they ask me something that I cannot answer? I must be well prepared each lesson before I go into the class. I cannot speak Malay or Tamil, some of the students may think it will be difficult to talk with me. One more problem is they will have exam in Oct., so we only have around 4-6 weeks to teach them, which means our supervisors need to come earlier. I'm afraid that I'll not have enough time to get familiar with my students, especially remember their names. In the following weeks, I'm going to focus on their textbooks, but I'm not going to use all the activities from the book, I'll create something new, and make the best use of school's facilities, like AV room. My senior said that students like to draw mind maps and other things with colorful pens. I'll also try that. Anyway, I will try my best to help them, to teach them. I can be a good teacher~~
haha good night Dr.Adelina~ good night guys~

2 comments:

  1. Thank your lucky stars that they are all polite and sweet. Some of your friends got monsters. hehe Wang Yi, don't expect to do too much during these 10 weeks. Do your best and accept that you're only a temporary teacher there. Don't move mountains. Yes, strategize and prepare well. Remember the resources we have collected on this platform and use them. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sincere advice~ Dr.Adelina

      Delete