This blog has won third place in the Malaysian National Educational Blog Competition 2012

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Rou Jin's First Reflection

It is the supreme art of the teacher to awaken
joy in creative expression and knowledge.
Albert Einstein

Future Teachers,
Our time has come. We've been through three years of theory practice. Now it's the time for us to go to the real situation in the school. It's been sleepless nights for me. After the briefing for our practical, I became more nervous. I read through the seniors Reflections and their activities. I don't know whether I can be as good as them. They are so creative and outstanding with their lessons. I've been assigned to SMK Taman Sea. Since last Thursday, most of us had been assigned to specific schools and form. My partner, Awatif and I called the school to meet the management on Thursday but they said they're busy with some activities. Until now, I can't stop thinking of which Form I will teach. But they said, morning classes will usually be Form 4 and 5 class. I read my friends posts in The Many Leaves of A Tree, their facebook statuses and I feel like I was left behind because they already know their schedule, met the teachers, and so on. I googled about the school and went to look for the school. Apparently, it is quite far from 9th Residential College, UM. I guess I need to wake up maybe around 530 am. This Monday, we will be going for morning session. I hope the Principal and teachers are good to us trainees. Most important part is, I hope the students will be nice to me. Based on my size, I might be seen as a potential victim of bullying. But I will try my best to be a sporting teacher and at the same time, a strict teacher. For the first week, I may want to be a lil bit serious with my students. Personality and our attire are important aspects to gain their attention. I think I might use that strategy as well. After I break the ice for that first week, I will start with my teaching strategies. I prefer to get the students more involved in T&L activities. But.. but.. I need to know my students level of English proficiency. I repeat. "My students".. Haha. I'm so excited for this. Butterflies everywhere in my stomach. Last but not least, I wish everyone all the best for the practicum
Rou Jin

No comments:

Post a Comment