This blog has won third place in the Malaysian National Educational Blog Competition 2012

Monday, September 3, 2012

Fifi's Back in Da House: First Reflection

We went to the school (SMK Damansara Utama) on Thursday, 30th August 2012. There are four of us assigned to that school. Me, Siew, George and Bunmi. We called the office before we went to the school. We’re lucky that the PK agreed to meet us. As we entered the school, the guard was so friendly and welcoming us to the school. The first impression, it is great to be around friendly people for the next two months. We waited about an hour to finally meet the PK since the Principal was not around. Then, we were lucky that the Principal showed up after that. She told us about the school and we informed her that we had read the school’s website. At least, we did our homework before went to the school. The expectation was high as SMKDU is a cluster school! Siew and I got our timetable from the afternoon session’s teacher. A little bit of relief as we would be ready from the first day. But, pheww.. 5periods on Monday will be tiring for me. I’ll be teaching Form 1 English class and Form 2 Moral class.
Back from school I had a problem to find a place to stay as I couldn’t check-in earlier. So, I need a place to stay ASAP. Luckily, that I have friends who helped me to find a place to stay for upcoming two months. I’ll be forever thankful. By this time, I didn’t think much about practical, about the school and what to expect during my first day. On Saturday, I lose hope for a moment. I did the “discovering” around my new place. Me and Siew did the walking from our place to school. My only expectation for that moment was to make my parents proud of me. I should survive during my practical. I am more afraid of my new environment rather that my practical. After three years at campus, this is definitely a new life. At time, I felt all alone in this world but still I have those friends who helped me throughout the bad time. I know girls, deep inside we’re crying but never that we showed hopeless face. We’re almost sank but together we’re the captain of our own journey. Tears and joys we shared would be the sweetness thing we shared during our graduation’s day later. InsyaAllah. Friends come and go but all the memories remain forever.

I am now still talking about my expectation, before started as the trainee at SMKDU. The girls and I had discovered about the new place a little bit. Thanks God that our place is near Damansara Uptown. So, at least we have a place to hangout and go for cheap and nice foods everyday. Everyday would a hectic day, I guess. So having a nice place to hangout would be good. Moreover, our place don’t have any internet connection so it’s kind of difficult for us to go online. That’s why, I had trouble to post my pre-teaching expectation before I went to school. But now, at least I can go online at McD for free (as I don’t afford to surf the internet at the cybercafé everday). Alhamdulillah.

I still don’t have any “big” expectation on my first day at school until late at night (Sunday). We haven’t settled down with our room. Still got a lot of things haven’t unpacked since we first move in. Later that night, I just cut colourful papers for my first English’s class which is Form 1 students. I’m sure they are very good students and my expectation was high as the teacher mentioned that I were given a good class so that I won’t really need to deal with naught kids. The teacher was very helpful by doing that. Thanks God!
At time, I couldn’t really think about the biggest challenge for me at the moment. Having a problem to find a place to stay as “some people” wouldn’t help me was already a big challenge. But, I just accepted me as God knows better what the best was for me and showed me how’s to deal with reality.
As for me, to face the new environment I should follow the school rules and regulation. Be good and nice with all the teachers and students. Keep it low but try to be friendly to everyone. I believe I can survive as I’m talkative and friendly, oh that’s my strength that I can find in me. Not to be brag about myself but all I want to have is just a little confidence in me to face the new life as future teacher (like I have a choice!).
Talk about the strategies, hurrmm.. I should follow all the guidelines given and all rules at the school. Respect others and I’m sure that I’ll be respected too by others. I didn’t really prepare with lesson plans at this moment because we didn’t know what the teacher has covered so far. I am more concern to adapt to the school and my new “occupation”. I’m sure that the teacher has prepared the yearly lesson plans and we’ll be continuing teaching till the end of the year. As it is almost the time for public examination, I’m pretty sure that the teacher will be giving us the “leftover”, if u get what I mean. The strategy to tackle this situation, just take it! I’m almost there, finishing my school, getting a scroll of degree and making my parents proud of me. I won’t let anything stop me right now; I just need to deal with it because it is now my own responsibility.
I found sharing everything with everyone (eventhough it’s not really EVERYTHING) it so much fun and exciting now. I hope to share more on my next post and comments. Thanks for reading, peeps! =D
p/s : it’s hard for me to get online, so my post or comment might be a little bit late. sorry, Dr Adele.

1 comment:

  1. For somebody who's having a hard time writing, u sure do write a lot! ;-) Glad everything's turning out ok for you. Ive highlighted what I think might be useful for your peers to read. Others, maybe you could do that too. Highlight important points for your friends. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete