This blog has won third place in the Malaysian National Educational Blog Competition 2012

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Bunmi's Take On Peer Scaffolding


My first class was form 3 Ker ,friendly kids always want to listen to stories ..I had 20 students in the class ,i divided them into 5 groups and asked them to brainstorm for unique group name. Then I asked them to come out group by group and share with the class ,why the name of their group , any special thing about the name ,then they should introduce themselves to the class ..though it was a relief class but it was fun. I took 3 relief classes today. They were form 5mrt studying and getting ready for history exams, i told them i don't understand BM very well but I share with them the power of peers to peers studying which can help them in their coming exams instead of studying alone ,I also do some stretching exercises with them because if they sit down for long they will get bored and feel pains on their back and neck ,with this i win their heart ,they just listen to me and answer anything i ask them ...Tomorrow is my main teaching class Form 4 pul ,i was told that they are so weak ,but their teacher told me their secret already .....watch out for my next episodes of teaching practice day 3, to be continued....... :)

1 comment:

  1. Yeay you remember peer scaffolding! We discussed this in class last semester. Well done! and on the stretching part too! ;-) Look forward to reading more from you, Bunmi. Good Luck!

    P/S Dont call me Lord!

    ReplyDelete