This blog has won third place in the Malaysian National Educational Blog Competition 2012

Monday, September 3, 2012

Siew In's First Reflection for Teaching Practice

First of all I want to say welcome back to school of all my classmates! We are back to school again but this time with a different title, a TEACHER. Sorry for the late posting because I don’t have internet connection since me, Pei Pei, Fifi and Yasmin just moved to a new place near our school. Me and fifi were posted at SMK Damansara Utama. I have started to feel nervous about my practical 1 week before the briefing on 29th October since I knew it was just around the corner. I can't sleep well and there are butterflies in my stomach since then. After I knew where I was posted my biggest challenge began. I started to think how am I going to go there since me and partner fifi don’t have any transport. What if the school is very far from our college? The faculty should have informed us earlier because those who don’t have any transportation can search for a house nearby earlier and have more times to look for alternative ways to go to the school. Luckily we were in the same school with Bunmi so before we officially started our practical we went to school with Bunmi to introduce ourselves to the Principal and get to know the exact location of the school.
My first impression about the school was the teachers were nice and they were really helpful because they treated us nicely after we introduced ourselves. I hope that kind of attitude will remain until the final day of my practical. During our meeting, the principal did mention about PBS since I was given form1 classes and I was like what the hell is PBS??? I don’t have any idea about it. I think that will be my biggest challenge, second is classroom management. I'm afraid that I can't control the students when they are too noisy. For the first week I just plan to do an ice breaking session during the first class, ask the teachers what they have taught before I take over their class and also observed other teachers’ class if possible. I will try to be nice to every staff and ask for as many tips that I can. I think it’s very important to have a good relation with all the staff at the school. Now my first task is to google what PBS is. I hope I will manage to overcome all the obstacles in these 10 weeks. GOOD LUCK buddies!

No comments:

Post a Comment