This blog has won third place in the Malaysian National Educational Blog Competition 2012

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Pei Pei Feels better

Hello everyone, hope all of you are doing good with Teaching Practice. In this posting, I just want to share my feelings so forgive me if it's not relevant to the post.
I taught my 1st class yesterday; a class with very high proficiency. They definitely speak and write better English than me and have very good grammar- all of them. I made many mistakes in the class and the 1st class is enough to made me feel awful and throughout yesterday and today, I feel that I'm really not cut out for this profession. I have to teach the same class again tomorrow and I felt really stressed until I cannot think at all what to plan for their literature lesson tomorrow. Until this afternoon when I talked to my mentor and she keeps motivating me & partner (Yasmin) and until I speak to my partner about lesson planning and exchanged ideas. I feel so much better now and feel like I am ready for the class again, wanting to make a better second impression.
Therefore, my point is that, do not feel that you are alone. Talk to your mentor if you have any difficulties, they are more than willing to help most of the time, don't be shy to ask and always remember that no matter what, you still have your partner and all your TESL friends with you in this. Email/call/text/facebook is there anytime anywhere! All the best to everyone & myself too!

No comments:

Post a Comment