This blog has won third place in the Malaysian National Educational Blog Competition 2012

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Zhou Chen's 3rd One

Zhou Chen presented for the third time today. He was more confident, smiled a lot more and took our suggestions from the last class. He encouraged his students and used "Well done." and "Good". I like that when students try to improve and understand that they need to continue improving even afetr they have completed a semester with me. Learning is a lifelong responsibility. If you dont believe me, one day, when you have grey hair or maybe before that, you will remember what I said, and realized (hopefully, much earlier! :-)) that life is about learning. That is why life is a verb and not a noun to me. My BIGGEST concern was the text and questions he gave to his students.



That text should be edited and proofread many times. Perhaps using another text is wise (as heard in the class, today). You must make smart choices as to what to use in the classroom. We should never use texts from a student who is struggling with English. The best sources would be BBC, Nat Geo, Discovery Channel, daily newspapers (not tabloids) and the like. Really good websites for teaching learning ESl would be great too. Learn to be a good reader and selector of resources, okay? I wish I had more time with you, Zhou Chen and I want you to continue learning and improving in whatever you choose to do with life. Im only an email away.

1 comment:

  1. I was late for the class :O

    But from Zou Chen's body language and expression at the end of the class, he was obviously much much more relaxed and friendly towards the students. Like someone has mentioned, he even reacted with 'Well Done' when students did well in their tasks. All the best! Everybody can improve and outdo themselves :)

    ReplyDelete