This blog has won third place in the Malaysian National Educational Blog Competition 2012

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Wang Yi: "Practice is the sole criterion for testing truth"


We have finally finished our training. Not like I imagined before, totally release and enjoy the holiday. Im actually still in the teaching mood. That's why I'm planning to find a job  teaching in China, during this long holiday. That is a kind of big change of me. 

In the past 16 years, I was a girl who always learnt from others, now I'm the one who is teaching students. 
Before this training, "teacher" in my head is like respect, have long holidays, an easier job, something like this. But now, I really have a fresh idea of "teacher". To choose this major is my parents' idea, not my first choice. I never thought I will be a teacher in the future. After ten weeks training, I kind of changed my mind, maybe I could be a teacher, I started to love the feeling of teaching others. I felt satisfied when I taught them something, they gave me respond and their "oh, that's why!" face.

I felt achievability when the knowledge that I taught before appeared on their exam paper, and most of them did very well. Having training in Assunta is not only a task for me, or having good grade, to be responsible to my girls means more to me now. 

We spent three years for learning the teaching theory. "Practice is the sole criterion for testing truth." Training is just like the big exam to test our ability. To be honest, experience is more important for us now. You have no idea what kind of problems will happen in your classroom. What if you are planning to show them a video but the projector does not working. What if the speaker is not clear enough when you are playing songs for them. What if there are less then 10 students in your class, but you prepare a game for at least twenty students. These are all the problems I have met before. To become flexible and always have plan B are very important. 

A good teacher will continue the lesson in any conditions. I really appreciate it that we can have this opportunity. I believe that most of my friends will be just like me, re-think the meaning of "teacher". I have the feeling that I will continue walking on this 'teaching road', and the training is just the beginning. First love is always unforgettable, same as our first practical. Just like I said to my girls, I will never forget that my first teaching experience is in SMK ASSUNTA and all of them are my first students. Never say goodbye. Thanks to all~ Happy Holiday~

1 comment:

  1. "Practice is the sole criterion for testing truth.??? My, my..how you've grown. Well expressed. Im very happy that you're thinking what you're thinking. Good luck and always stay in touch.

    ReplyDelete