This blog has won third place in the Malaysian National Educational Blog Competition 2012

Monday, November 26, 2012

Wang SiTing's Thoughts on Responsibilities


Hi everyone,

It is our holiday now! I can imagine that most of you have been planning the vocation, and I guess some of you have started to find a part-time job during the holiday. It is a good way to practice in the real-life situation as our teaching practice. We learnt a lot from it. 

Think back our teaching practice, the process for everyone is different; however, what we achieved is alike. That is, we all improved.The first time teaching practice must become one of the most memorable experiences for each of us. We had a fun time with our students. I can still remember each face of students who accompanied with me for two months in Taman SEA School and the moments in the classroom. Besides that, I redefined myself during teaching process and had a profound understanding about the definition of a teacher. During teaching, I found my weakness. I was not confident when I stood in front of the classroom; I always questioned myself if I qualified to teach; and I still behaved like a student. I knew that the teaching practice was a good opportunity to change myself. I must seize it. So, now, I find that I become more confident and mature. I could give myself a new definition now. 

So, I have to say the teaching practice is really encouraging. When someone asks what the teacher is, some may answer “provide education” or “to teach new knowledge”. However, teacher’s function is more than that. Each time when I stepped into the classroom, I must remind myself “ok, you are a teacher now, not a student this time. You should be responsible.”. Gradually, I find that responsibility can be suitably used to describe a teacher. 

A responsible teacher should fully prepare the lesson; a responsible teacher should be fair; a responsible teacher should be sensitive with each student’s need; a responsible teacher should keep leaning; and a responsible teacher should enlighten the student….. It makes me have a deeper understanding towards becoming a teacher. So, all these things make this experience impressive and unforgettable. Lastly, I really appreciate that I can have this opportunity to teach in the school and I met good mentor and supervisor who are really kind and helpful. They always support and encourage me. I am happy that I can have such a valuable memory in my whole life. See you next year, my friends :) Happy Holiday!

Best regards,Wang Siting

No comments:

Post a Comment